STEAM-mates (copyright pending)
STEAM-mates provides comprehensive, integrated activities for students to incorporate STEM learning with the arts, STEAM. By engaging both the right and left-brain, students will learn design and engineering skills that enhance their ability to do math and science. Applications will develop mathematical and spatial relationships and physical and scientific concepts, in combination with artistic values through technology, research and inquiry. The foundation of each project will employ the scientific method while boosting students’ literacy skills.
To serve K – 12 education with comprehensive, inquiry-based and experiential applications so that students will learn critical thinking and problem solving skills through real-world activities and project-based learning to prepare them to be career and college ready.
- To value the individuality of each student and teacher.
- To respect the talents and intelligence of all students.
- To create community partnerships and mentorships with individuals and teams for the benefit of student achievement.
- To develop high quality programs in the best interest of schools and students.
- To prepare students to discover their inner talents and become career and college ready.
- To act with honesty and integrity in all actions.
STEAM-mates will use Ipad applications, online applications and project-based learning models for classes to integrate the arts into STEM education, creating STEAM. STEAM-mates brings the arts to science and math, and math and science to the arts and design to better understand,teach and experience STEM skills. This student-centered learning will use technology as a tool to enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills. While teaching real-life lessons through project based learning, STEAM-mates results in a deeper, more integrated knowledge base that appropriately serves students with career and college ready skills for the 21st century.
Study the science of art and the art of science. (Leonardo da Vinci)
For More information, please contact Ruth Catchen: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment or question below.